What does it mean when a treatment center is accredited?

The Federal Government does not regulate the drug and alcohol addiction industry. Many States do not regulate the industry either. Some states require a center to be licensed, but some do not. All States do not require Sober Living Homes to be licensed so if you are looking for initial treatment, a residential treatment center would be ideal. There are at least 3 private agencies that accredit health care facilities including hospitals. These agencies are CARF, The Joint Commission, and COA. These agencies require oversight, reporting, and auditing. If you are looking for treatment, BreakFreely only lists centers who are accredited by one of these three agencies.

error: Content is protected !!