Apply Filter

General Questions

What criteria should I be looking for in a treatment center?

If you have insurance, you should see if the center is in-network with your insurance provider. Secondly, if you or your loved one requires medical detox, you should check to see if the center you are considering offers that as a service. Thirdly, what is their staff like? Who do they have on staff for example, a medical doctor, psychiatrist, licensed counselors, nurses. What is the staff to client ratio? Please refer to our blog article, Questions to ask rehab treatment centers, for some suggested questions to ask  when choosing a substance abuse facility.

What does “in network” mean for insurance?

Insurance companies have contracts with certain health care providers. If a treatment center lists your insurance company on their BreakFreely profile, we encourage you to contact that treatment center and have them verify your insurance benefits to see if you are covered. Also, ask the amount you will have to pay for out of pocket expenses. Click here for additional information regarding in-network and out-of-network insurance for addiction treatment.

What does accreditation mean?

Through accreditation, organizations assists service providers in improving the quality of their services, demonstrating value, and meeting internationally recognized organizational and program standards.

The accreditation process applies sets of standards to service areas and business practices during an on-site survey. Accreditation, however, is an ongoing process, signaling to the public that a service provider is committed to continuously improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community. Accreditation also demonstrates a provider’s commitment to enhance its performance, manage its risk, and distinguish its service delivery. Read more on the 3 accreditation organizations that set standards for substance abuse treatment.

What does it mean when a treatment center is accredited?

The Federal Government does not regulate the drug and alcohol addiction industry. Many States do not regulate the industry either. Some states require a center to be licensed, but some do not. All States do not require Sober Living Homes to be licensed so if you are looking for initial treatment, a residential treatment center would be ideal. There are at least 3 private agencies that accredit health care facilities including hospitals. These agencies are CARF, The Joint Commission, and COA. These agencies require oversight, reporting, and auditing. If you are looking for treatment, BreakFreely only lists centers who are accredited by one of these three agencies.

Why should I use and trust and not just call an 800 number I found on the Internet or on a TV ad?

There are a few things that set BreakFreely apart from all other treatment center referral services. First, BreakFreely requires that all treatment centers listed on our website are licensed by their state. We require that the centers be accredited by either CARF, The Joint Commission, or COA. The Federal Government does not regulate the Addiction Treatment Industry and these accreditation agencies are private agencies that provide independent certification for health care providers including drug and alcohol treatment centers. Also, we empower you the user to have the tools you need to find the right treatment center without having to call an 800 number. Some 800 numbers are not staffed with certified counselors just telemarketers looking to place you with whatever center has availability whether they are licensed or accredited.

Why wouldn’t a treatment center be licensed by the State where they operate?

Not every State requires a treatment center to be licensed. Please check your state government website to see if the state requires licensing.

error: Content is protected !!